When you come home after exhausting labor at the office, it feels good when some fresh scent invites you home wholeheartedly. It weighs down your stress and brings a sense of calm and inner peace. Along with improving your wellbeing, it also heals your health problems. Continue reading the blog to know more about Aromatherapy.
What is Aromatherapy?
Essential oil lies at the core of Aromatherapy. Essential oils are extracted from plant’s flowers, leaves, bark, seeds, roots, and peels of plants. These elements are aromatic and therapeutic and mere inhalation treats many psychological problems and other health issues.
How Aromatherapy works?
The essential oil can activate the smell receptor in the nose and that in turn affects the limbic system. The limbic system affects an individual’s learning, emotions, memory, appetite, and sex drive. Since it can trigger different bodily responses, you can use it for various mental and physical problems.
What are the benefits of Aromatherapy?
- It reduces your stress: Stress is part and parcel of life and it is something you can’t avoid. The best solution is to learn better tactics to deal with it. The lavender essential oil is proven to reduce stress. It lowers your heart rate, blood pressure and unwinds your mind.
Best essential oils when you are stressed: Lavender, Geranium, lemongrass, chamomile
- Relieves anxiety: Anxiety and depression remain much sensitive topics. According to studies, 18.1% of adults in the US have an anxiety disorder. Many of which look for natural solutions to cope with their state. That’s why lately; Shower bombs made of essential oil have become popular amongst people having depression and anxiety. Many have reported less anxiousness and mental pain after a shower with the bath bombs.
Best essential oils for anxiety: Rose, lavender, bergamot, chamomile
- Boosts energy: Does your energy level slump after 3 pm? Do you feel weary after a meeting or a presentation? All you need is a little push and you have essential oil to do that. Try citrus oil such as lemon and add antioxidant terpenes such as limonene. This combination invigorates your senses and naturally energizes your body. You can also try peppermint after an intense workout as it increases brain concentration and decreases body exhaustion.
- Improves focus: Essential oil treatment takes the lead when it comes to concentration, cognitive performance, and memory. Its scent improves the brain’s functioning and also helps people having Alzheimer, dementia, and other mental illnesses.
- Reduces physical pain: Aromatherapy has a greater impact compared to any other treatments that are there today. It can reduce gynecological, postoperative, and obstetrical pain.
Best essential oil to reduce physical pain: Eucalyptus, turmeric, ginger, thyme.
- Improves digestion: Anyone with an upset stomach, diarrhea, and indigestion can count on essential oil for relief. It can stimulate digestive enzymes and support your digestive health. You can use ginger oil for abdominal pain and peppermint for an IBS.
Best oils to treat digestion: Ginger, peppermint, juniper berry, fennel
- Strengthens the immune system: A person’s immune system has become a growing concern in the world that is hit by pandemics. Improving immunity has become the utmost priority. Essential oils are helpful when it comes to fighting infection. Their anti-inflammatory property can guard you against many germs spreading infections.
Best essential oil for immunity: Ginger, myrrh, eucalyptus, frankincense, oregano
- Balances your hormone level: Essential oil is a godsend for people struggling with PCOS or infertility. Essential oils such as rose and geranium help with women’s estrogen level.
Best essential oil to balance your hormone level: Sage, Geranium, thyme.
- Boosts hair growth naturally: Do you wish for thicker and longer hair? Or have a dry scalp or dandruff? The best way out is to avoid using shampoos or hair care products loaded with harsh chemicals. The safe alternative would be to use essential oil that promotes hair growth. Many people have reported improved hair growth after using rosemary oil.
Best essential oil for hair growth: Tea tree, rosemary, helichrysum, myrrh
- Improves sleep: Essential oil comes with sedative properties that can aid people having sleep disorders or insomnia. Inhaling lavender oil a few minutes before sleep lulls you into a peaceful sleep. Having better sleep automatically improves life quality.
There are numerous ways you can reap the benefits of Aromatherapy. One popular approach is ‘Aromatherapy shower bombs. Shower bombs create luxury in your tiny space with its scent and it is proven to be good for all skin types, particularly sensitive skin. A quick and long shower in the shower bombs brings the change that you need.