Work, friends, family, hobbies … our day to day can be full of tasks that make us sit down at the table without having planned our menu. So we want to make it very easy for you and provide you with a healthy weekly menu for the whole family.
We have two excuses to share this menu with you: today is National Nutrition Day 2019 and also, our YouTube nutrition channel has reached 100,000 subscribers. These two reasons for celebration have brought together 12 nutritionists from Alimmenta to prepare a healthy menu for you to download here . In this article we also share the video in which nutritionists explain why they have chosen each dish on the menu. His explanation will help you to apply your selection criteria in your future weekly menus. Below, we also share the recipes and ingredients, so you have no excuse when it comes to encouraging you to follow our menu.
And if you want us to tell you better instead of reading it, in this video Alimmenta nutritionists explain how to prepare recipes.
Breakfast: tomato and avocado toast and yogurt with pear
- Ingredients: whole wheat toast with tomato, avocado and pepper.
- Preparation: cut half a tomato and half an avocado into slices and place them on a toast of wholemeal bread. It is spiced with a little ground pepper. This dish will provide you with healthy fats, antioxidants (tomato lycopene), fiber and fruit, and probiotics.
Food: baked breasts with vegetables and spices
- Ingredients: 1 whole baked breast with zucchini, green pepper, onion, tomato and mushrooms.
- Preparation: Vegetables are sautéed in the pan, adding first the onion and pepper, then the zucchini and mushrooms and finally the sliced tomato. Add the vegetables to the oven tray, season the whole breast and bake at 180º for 30 minutes. It is a dish rich in vegetables (vitamins, minerals, fiber) and satiety that incorporates lean proteins of high biological value.
Snack: bowl of natural yogurt with walnuts, strawberries and grated coconut
- Ingredients: plain yogurt, walnuts, strawberries and grated coconut.
- Preparation: prepare a bowl with plain yogurt or beaten cheese and add a handful of walnuts and strawberries washed and cut. You can add grated coconut on top.
Dinner: pumpkin and onion cream with roasted chickpeas and hard-boiled egg
- Preparation: fry a clove of garlic with olive oil. Clean and cut the onion, leek and squash. Begin by adding the onion and the leek, so that it takes flavor with the garlic. Then add the pumpkin. Cover all the vegetables with water, add salt and spices to taste and let it go. Crush.
In parallel, boil 2 eggs. For the chickpeas, once you have them boiled, spice them with oregano, salt and turmeric and brown them a little in the oven until they are toasted. Assemble the plate.
Breakfast: bowl of yogurt with apple and granola
- Ingredients: 1 apple, 1 plain yogurt, 1 serving of granola.
- Preparation: prepare a baked apple with cinnamon (you can roast it the night before) and assemble the bowl with natural yogurt, the baked apple cut into pieces and granola.
Food: cream of leeks and apple + pork tenderloin with brown rice
- Ingredients (4 people): 4 leeks, 1 apple, 1 potato, 3-4 glasses of poultry stock and olive oil.
- Preparation: for the cream, fry 4 leeks with a little olive oil. When it is poached, pour a glass of water and crush it. Add a small potato, an apple, 2-3 glasses of broth and cook for about 20 minutes. When finished, grind everything and you’re done.
For the sirloin, you cut it into medallions and cook it on the grill with a little oil and high heat. Accompany it with some brown rice. It is very good accompanied by a little applesauce or red berries.
Snack: plain yogurt with strawberries
- Ingredients: plain yogurt and strawberries
- Preparation: the strawberries are washed and chopped and mixed in a bowl with the natural yogurt.
Dinner: lamb’s lettuce, couscous and beetroot salad with halibut
- Ingredients: Lamb’s lettuce, beets, olive oil, lemon, couscous, halibut, parsley, garlic and pepper.
- Preparation: for the salad you must boil the beets for 15 minutes, then drain and dice. Once cut, you put it in a salad bowl along with the clean lamb’s lettuce. On the other hand, hydrate the couscous with the directions on the package and mix all the ingredients. Dress with olive oil, lemon and spices that you like.
For the second course, finely chop the garlic and parsley and go through the paella with a little oil. Once the garlic is golden, add the fish, salt and pepper and cook on both sides.
Breakfast: toast with tomato and zucchini omelette
- Ingredients: whole wheat toast, tomato, ½ zucchini, salt and extra virgin olive oil.
- Preparation: sauté half a zucchini in a frying pan and mix it with a previously beaten egg. Add a little oil in a pan and prepare the tortilla. Accompany the omelette with toast and tomato.
Food: quinoa salad, broccoli, tuna and piquillo peppers
- Ingredients: quinoa, broccoli, tuna, piquillo peppers, extra virgin olive oil and salt.
- Preparation: wash the quinoa well and boil it. On the other hand, cut the broccoli into small trees and boil it. Meanwhile, in a bowl mix a can of tuna with the piquillo pepper in strips and reserve it in the fridge. When everything is at the same temperature, you can mix it and season it to taste. It is a perfect recipe to carry in a tupper.
Snack: Pancakes with peanut butter and raspberries
- Ingredients: 1 small cup of vegetable drink, 1 small cup of whole wheat flour, ½ tablespoon of yeast dessert, 1 pinch of salt. For the peanut butter: half a glass of roasted peanuts without salt.
- Preparation: to make the dough for the pancakes you have to mix the vegetable drink with the flour, yeast and salt. Beat the ingredients until there are no lumps. Add a little oil to a frying pan and, when hot, add a little dough. When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip it over. To make the peanut butter, crush the roasted peanuts until you get the texture you like. If you want to make it lighter, you can add a little water. To serve, put a tablespoon of peanut butter on the pancakes and place a few raspberries on top.
Dinner: strawberry and toast gazpacho with scrambled eggs with tofu
- Ingredients for gazpacho: 5 ripe tomatoes, 1 bowl of strawberries, 1 cucumber, 1 green pepper, ½ onion and 1 glass of water.
Ingredients for toast with tofu scramble: 2 whole wheat toasts, 120g of tender tofu, ½ onion, 5 large mushrooms, ½ bunch of wild asparagus
- Preparation: you have to beat all the ingredients with the mixer and add salt and vinegar to your liking. If you like it less thick, you can add more water. For the second course you will need whole wheat bread, tender tofu, wild asparagus, onion and mushrooms. First you have to cut the mushrooms into slices and chop the asparagus and onion. Sauté them with a little oil. While they are browning you can undo the tofu with your hands and add it to the pan. You can add Provencal herbs or another spice that you like. To serve it, put the scramble on top of some toast that will provide the carbohydrates.
Breakfast: cheese and tomato toast and fruit
- Ingredients: Toast, arugula or lamb’s lettuce, fresh cheese or cottage cheese and pieces of cherry tomato and walnuts. Orange or a serving of strawberries.
- Preparation: Choose a wholemeal bread, toast it and add fresh cheese or cottage cheese, cherry tomato, lamb’s lettuce or arugula and pieces of nuts on top. Accompany it with an orange or sliced strawberries.
It is a breakfast source of healthy fats (nuts), antioxidants (lycopene from tomato), fiber from bread and fruit, Vit C from orange or strawberries and calcium from fresh cheese or cottage cheese.
Food: aubergines stuffed with vegetables, chicken and hard-boiled egg
- Ingredients: 2 whole aubergines, zucchini, onion, red and green pepper, mushrooms, chicken breast, egg, grated cheese, oil, salt and black pepper.
- Preparation: wash the aubergines with water and dry them. Cut the 2 eggplants into 2 pieces lengthwise. Make cuts in the inside meat of the eggplant, empty the inside with a spoon and reserve. Chop the pulp of the eggplant and clean and chop the zucchini, onion, red pepper, green pepper and mushrooms. Heat a frying pan, cook the grilled chicken breast and reserve. Then, in the same skillet, add oil if necessary and poach all the previously cut and seasoned vegetables (including the eggplant). At the same time, boil 2 boiled eggs. When the vegetables are done, add the chicken breast and the chopped or chopped hard-boiled egg and mix everything. Preheat the oven to 180º, on a tray suitable for the oven. Arrange the 4 halves of the eggplant, fill them with the vegetable, chicken and egg mixture. Cover them with grated cheese and put them in the oven for about 30 minutes, turning on the bottom plate of the oven to cook the eggplant. Finish by giving a 5-minute touch of gratin, so that the cheese melts.
This dish provides antioxidants from aubergines, vitamin C from red and green peppers, fiber from vegetables, high biological value protein from eggs and chicken. It can be prepared without a hard-boiled egg.
Snack: yogurt with blueberries and pistachios
- Ingredients: plain yogurt, blueberries and pistachios.
- Preparation: take a bowl and introduce 125 ml of plain yogurt, 150g of well-washed blueberries and about 10-15g of pistachios, finely chopped. Mix the ingredients and enjoy this delicious healthy and nutritious snack, rich in calcium and vitamin D thanks to yogurt, in antioxidants from anthocyanins that give color to blueberries, vitamins C and group B and healthy fats, vegetable proteins and fiber thanks to pistachios.
Dinner: baked sea bass with vegetables and Moroccan-style couscous
- Ingredients: Eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, yellow pepper and mushrooms.
- Preparation: wash the vegetables well with the skin and cut them into cubes or brunoise . Once they are cut, spread the spices over the top and impregnate them with a little olive oil.
After about 15 minutes, place the vegetables on a parchment paper and put it in the oven at 200ºC for 10 minutes. Subsequently, place the Sea Bass on top and reinsert the tray for another 10-12 minutes.
On the other hand, bring the same amount of water to a boil as that of couscous and when it begins to boil, remove from the heat and add the couscous until it hydrates well.
Finally, if you want to give it a crispy touch, you can pass the couscous with the vegetables in the pan.
Breakfast: oatmeal porridge with vegetable yogurt
- Ingredients: oat flakes, vegetable yogurt (soy, oats …), chia seeds and red berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries …).
- Preparation: generally porridge or porridge is prepared with milk or a vegetable drink, but in this recipe we are going to replace it with vegetable yogurt (oatmeal, soy …). To prepare the porridge you can do it in several ways:
1- “Porridge version”: boil the oat flakes in a non-stick saucepan (about 4 tablespoons of flaked oats for every 200 ml of water) and stir. When it boils, lower to low heat and continue stirring until you find the desired consistency. The longer you leave it, the thicker it will be.
2- “Overnight version”: soak the oat flakes the night before in a cup of water or in the vegetable yogurt. The oatmeal will absorb the liquid from the water or yogurt and will soften.
Once we have prepared the porridge, we add the vegetable yogurt, except in the case of having left it to soak the night before (since we will already have it prepared). We add chia seeds (better crushed or soaked the night before) and red berries to add color and vitamins to your breakfast, apart from the fiber and calcium that this wonderful porridge will provide us.
Food: zucchini spaghetti sauteed with quinoa and shrimp
- Ingredients: zucchini, quinoa, frozen shrimp, squid, garlic, virgin olive oil and salt to taste.
- Preparation: To sauté the zucchini spaghetti (prepared with the appropriate utensil), pre-fry a minced garlic clove over medium-high heat, with 1 tablespoon of oil and the prawns and / or squid. When the garlic begins to brown and the prawns / squid change color, add the zucchini in strips and stir over low heat. After a few minutes you can add the quinoa (previously cooked) to the preparation. Stir occasionally for an additional 2-3 minutes. And ready to consume. This dish provides us with energy, countless vitamins and minerals, fiber and protein.
Snack: chia pudding with fruit
- Ingredients: 1 glass of milk or vegetable drink, 3 tablespoons of chia seeds, banana, strawberry and cinnamon.
- Preparation: mix the chia seeds with the milk or vegetable drink and let them hydrate for 8-12 hours in the fridge. To give it more flavor, you can add cinnamon or vanilla. Before serving, add the chopped fruit (banana, strawberry). This snack provides you with fiber (from the fruit and chia seeds) and healthy Omega-3 fats from the chia.
Dinner: salad and toast with pea cream and egg
- Ingredients: eggplant, arugula, tomato, cheese, whole wheat bread, peas, egg and basil.
- Preparation: first cut the eggplant into slices and cook it on the grill. While it is being done, wash and cut the tomatoes and add them to a bowl next to the arugula. You can add a little cheese that you like. In my case I have opted for feta cheese. Mix all the ingredients and season with olive oil and spices (black pepper and oregano).
For the toast: put water in a pot and when it boils, add the peas. Let cook for 5 minutes, take out and drain. Crush together with some basil leaves. To make the poached egg, put water in a saucepan with a stream of vinegar. When it boils, add the shellless egg and shape it with the help of a spoon or slotted spoon, so that the white covers the yolk. Finally, spread a toast of bread (preferably whole wheat) with the pea pate and put the poached egg on top.
Breakfast: toast with banana and peanut butter
- Ingredients: whole wheat bread, a medium banana, peanut butter or other dried fruit (no added sugars)
- Preparation: cut slices of bread and toast it. Cut the banana into slices and heat it for one minute in the microwave on medium power or if you want you can heat it in a pan. When it’s soft, flatten it with a fork and spread the toasts. On top, add a little peanut butter or another dried fruit and you will have your breakfast ready.
Food: baked anchovies and sautéed spaghetti with cherrys
- Ingredients: anchovies, vinegar, 2-3 cloves of garlic, half a lemon, olive oil and white wine, whole spaghetti and cherry tomatoes.
- Preparation: prepare the anchovies (without heads or bones) and soak them in vinegar for one hour.
Crush 2-3 garlic cloves with a dash of lemon, a tablespoon of olive oil and about 2 fingers of white wine.
When the hour has passed, dry the anchovies a little on kitchen paper and place them on a baking tray (on top of baking paper) and with a brush, paint the anchovies with the mixture you have prepared, then introduce the tray to the oven and bake at 150ºC for 8-10 minutes. Make sure they don’t do too much.
For spaghetti it will be easier: boil the spaghetti first, better whole and reserve. Cut cherry tomatoes, a good amount, think they will be the portion of vegetables. In a frying pan add a little oil and sauté the cherrys with a little salt. When they start to wrinkle and are soft, add the spaghetti and sauté over high heat for a few minutes, mix well and you can serve them.
- Ingredients: 1 ripe banana, 40g of oat flakes and 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips.
- Preparation: mash a ripe banana, add 4 Cd of oat flakes and a tablespoon of dark chocolate chips. Mix it evenly and with the help of 2 spoons or your hands make balls. Place the portions on a baking sheet and shape them into a cookie. Then bake them at 180º for about 20 minutes.
Dinner: artichokes with chicken thigh, sauteed mushrooms and whole wheat toast
- Ingredients: artichokes, thighs, mushrooms, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley and olive oil.
- Preparation: cut the stem of the artichoke, place them in a microwave container. Add a little oil, salt and pepper. Cover the container and put it in the microwave for 5 minutes at maximum power.
Meanwhile, make some grilled thighs and sauté the mushrooms in a pan with a little garlic and parsley. If you want, accompany this recipe with a whole grain toast.
Breakfast: crepes filled with fruits and cinnamon
For the crepe dough: 1 egg, 80ml of milk or vegetable drink (soy, oats), 3 level tablespoons of flour, salt.
For the filling: seasonal fruit (peach, strawberries, melon …)
- Preparation: in a bowl beat the milk or vegetable drink and the egg. Add the flour and salt and mix until there are no lumps. Brush a pan with a little oil with a brush and heat over medium heat. Pour the measure from a saucepan of the dough and spread it over the entire surface so that it is finite. When it starts to set, turn it over.
Fill the crepe with the chopped fruit and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
Food: shrimp sautéed with vegetables and rice noodles
- Ingredients: prawns, rice noodles, carrots, onions, zucchini, broccoli, olive oil, salt and soy sauce.
- Preparation: peel the prawns and cut them in half. On the other hand, wash the vegetables. Cut the carrot, onion and zucchini into strips and separate the sapling from the broccoli. Cook the vegetables in a pan with a little olive oil. When they are tender, add the prawns and wait for them to cook.
On the other hand, boil the rice noodles. To do this put a saucepan with water and salt, when it boils turn off the heat, add the noodles and after 5 minutes remove them from the water and let them drain in a strainer. Add them to the pan together with the vegetables and the prawns, season with soy sauce and mix all the ingredients.
Snack: fruit salad
- Ingredients: kiwi, banana, apple, strawberries, orange, black grapes.
- Preparation: Wash, chop the fruits and place them in a bowl. This fruit salad is rich in vitamin C, mainly soluble fiber, healthy energy in the form of CHO and antioxidants such as resveratrol from grapes.
Dinner: lentil salad
- Ingredients: lentils, red pepper, onion, avocado, tomato, pickles, olives, mussels, black pepper, vinegar and olive oil.
- Preparation: While the lentils are cooking, wash and chop the vegetables. Cook the mussels. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients and season the salad to your liking.
And what if …?
If you live in a country where you do not find the same ingredients or in your area they are very expensive, or maybe some of the ingredients on this menu feel bad, or it turns out that you are vegan and adding “gambitas” does not go with you … nothing happens, we encourage you to customize this menu, surely you will do great !. Change the ingredients, replace them with similar foods, or dare to introduce other foods. We are only going to suggest one thing: that the foods you introduce, in addition to liking them, are healthy.